Specialty Claims Canada “Specialty Claims” is the in-house claims management department of Specialty Programs Group Canada “SPGC”. Specialty Claims prides itself on managing claims on behalf of the Cansure, Beacon and i3 brands. We handle claims for both our Canadian and London based market partners under a delegated authority. It is the intent of Specialty Claims to provide top-level claims service, to respond quickly to inquiries, and to resolve outstanding claims as soon as practicable. Specialty Claims believes that the investment in a Claims management team and the efficiency of scale, combined with the integration of data, knowledge, and training with the underwriting operations will greatly benefit all stakeholders including our broker partners.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, efficient, experienced individual to join the company as a Claims Examiner based out of our Vancouver office. This is a Remote/Hybrid position offering the flexibility to work from home.
- Analyze and assess coverage of Personal, Commercial and Specialty Lines Property, Inland Marine, Equipment and Casualty Claims
- Reviewing and analyzing reports from various service providers including adjusters/experts/lawyers
- Reporting to and making recommendations to various Underwriters on complex claims
- Ensuring that company claims protocols and guidelines are adhered to throughout the claims handling process including setting and maintaining loss and expense reserves
- Liaise with Insureds, Underwriters, Brokers and various other stakeholders in a professional and efficient manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong investigative and analytical skills including understanding all policy wordings
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Able to work well independently within the overall team environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks, meet various deadlines and keep organized
- 5+ years of claims handling experience preferably with a Property claims background
- CIP designation or currently enrolled in the CIP Program
Interested? Apply Today!
Interested applicants are asked to send your cover letter and resume to Brent Lexier at email@example.com. Please note that only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.